Shuangyuan Elementary School was opened on April 1 st , 1936 and named “ Taipei School ”. Temporarily Using Lao Sung and Tung Yuan Primary School 's classrooms for teaching while the school was under construction.
When the school construction was finished on April 1 st , 1937, the school was moved to its present location the renamed as “ Taipei Chueh Chiang Ordinary School ”.
After recovery of Taiwan , the school again was renamed as “ Taipei Shuang Yuan Ordinary School ” on November 1 st , 1945 .
One resource class was established on March 1 st , 1965.
Once again the school was renamed as “Taipei Shuang Yuan District Shuangyuan Elementary School¨ on August 1 st , 1968 .
The Adult and Continuing Education School was established on July 15 th , 1981.
The kindergarten was opened in August 1996.